I’m definitely a gal that bakes according to the weather. I love baking healthy holiday treats and coming up with fun recipes to get myself and my family in the holiday spirit. And that’s exactly what my sweet daughter and I did today. We’ve been making a mess of the kitchen and bumming in our pajama pants all day.
By the end of our baking, my two-year old and I had flour all over the kitchen counter and floor. It’s the little, every day moments that I really soak up and embrace our simplistic life together. Her interest in baking warms my heart. I love how we can bond more by making delicious, healthy treats like this healthy eggnog banana bread.
What’s great about banana bread is you can cut them up into large slices and give them as small gifts to neighbors, friends, and family! I went back to my roots and looked at my regular healthy banana bread recipe and tweaked it. Perfect for Christmas time approaching and whipping up something easy to take with to family gatherings!
This eggnog banana bread is healthy and moist. It contains NO sugar, NO butter, and is gluten-free! I added dark chocolate chips to mine, but that is completely optional. For more banana recipes, check out my recipe for my 3-Ingredient Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Healthy Eggnog Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Serves: 1 loaf
3 medium-sized Ripe Bananas
1 3/4 cup Whole-Wheat or Coconut Flour
1/2 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
1/4 cup Honey
1/3 cup Almond Milk Nog
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt (or just a large pinch)
1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Set aside.
- In a Large mixing bowl, combine eggs, honey, almond milk nog, and vanilla extract. Important: Add the melted coconut oil LAST. If you add with the other ingredients, it will crystalize and harden before you have time to mix it. Once the coconut oil is mixed, add the banana mixture.
- Sir in dry ingredients and add chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan. Pour batter into the greased pan, smooth surface until even. Sprinkle the top of the mixture with cinnamon and sugar for extra taste. Bake for about 55 minutes, check around the 45 minute mark by inserting a butter knife or toothpick. If it doesn’t come out clean, keep on baking!
For more yummy recipes, follow along!